I've learned something new: I am very impatient.
I often blame it on the fact that I'm an American...but I think the reason is probably more in depth than the simple fact that I live in an impatient culture.
気短か
ongeduldig
impatient
ungeduldig
ανυπόμονος
impaziente
성급한
impaciente
нетерпеливо
impaciente
不耐烦
*If you were able to spend time trying to figure word above and which languages were included in the list, you've already proven to have more patience than me.
I have been hit in the face lately with the fact I have a very impatient side to me. I always cram my schedule so full of activites that when I'm forced to wait for someone or something, I feel that I am wasting my time.
Truth is, I am a very selfish individual. I want things done when I'm told they're going to be done...I don't want to wait around because something "came up" or "needed to be taken care of". I understand that often times, these things that I call excuses are truly important happenings in the lives of others. But, because of my selfish desire to have things done as planned and when I expect, I often boil inside when such excuses are given to me.
The past couple of days, my patience has been tested many-a-time. It was today that I realized maybe there is bigger reason that schedules and planned meeting times keep falling through...perhaps it is God's way to get me to an empty building and make me wait for an hour, unable to be distracted by the usual distractions of a dorm room. God can do a lot in an hour. Though people around me may let me down and cause me to feel unworthy of their time, God displays his goodness continually. How great He is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment