Saturday, October 24, 2009

Crystal Clear...with a few specks.

Lesson: In all things, God works for the GOOD...(not necessarily for our desires or expectations)

I woke up Thursday morning with a great deal of nervousness. I was nervous about what that day was about to present me with. I had created expectations for this particular day and I knew the nerves had resulted from knowing that my expectations would not be met (because the expectations had been created with selfish motives).

Anyways, I hopped on facebook real quick before darting off to class. Instantly, a message popped up from a friend who very rarely facebook chats me (face-to-face communication is our typical way of communicating). She simply asked if there was anything she could pray for. I was taken aback, but knew full well what I needed prayer for. I shared with her, and she ended the message by saying, "God is good and he makes all things good".

I knew this to be true, but didn't think much about the statement at the time. Thursday afternoon I received a letter in the mail from a dear friend. When reading over the letter for a third time today, I caught something I hadn't noticed the previous two times that I had read the letter; beneath the signed name was a reference to a passage of Scripture:


Romans 8:28-39

"28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all - how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or dange or sword? 36 As it is written:

'For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered'.

37 No, in all these things, we are more than conquerers through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future now any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."


...I proceeded through Thursday and Friday, and it was evident that God had answered the prayers I had prayed Wednesday night; make his will CLEAR in the approaching situation. He did just that. Despite the days not quite turning out as I had anticipated, I recognize that God does not promise that only desirable and pleasurable things will come. God does promise that the things that do come will be used in his plan for GOOD.

God, thank you for friends. Thank you for answered prayers. Thank you for your plan. Please help me to continue to recognize that your plan is the best plan.

-Mel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you blog.
:) I really enjoy reading these. It's so good to hear what He's doing in your life. I'm appreciate the openness and honesty in which you're able to come to Him with. Very refreshing. Press on, Sister.